"LA SIGNORA" my Dress Form

I call her "La Signora". She has been my best studio mate since 1973! Actually it's a clone of myself! At the first year of Art and Design school, we all had to create our own dress form, assisted by student colleges.The problem was to find a stand for the form. After 2 years I could not believe my luck! On a Flea Market I found the PERFECT stand, handmade, and very special, as it has a kind of "skeletal" for inside support.
I'm sure the most of my ex-companions don't even know where "she/he" is, but my "Signora" has followed me all these years, and helped me with hundreds of projects! 
Now she lives in Rome! 

LA SIGNORA

ME!

LIKE TO MAKE YOUR OWN DRESS FORM?
See this site, this is more or less how I did it!
Clone Yourself A Fitting Assistant

TALKING ABOUT DRESS FORMS:
 I have to show you this British artist and the fantastic dress forms she's selling on Etsy!
Look at this:

Corset Laced Mannequin Velvet Fluorescent Dressform Bust - Neon Shocking Pink
The most incredible dressforms!Visit their Etsy-shop:
http://www.corsetlacedmannequins.co.uk/




Comments

POPULAR POSTS